This policy covers how CIWA will collect, use, disclose, transfer and store your data via our website. Please read this policy carefully and revisit this page regularly to review any changes that we have made. By using this website, you accept the terms of this policy and the terms and conditions on this website.
Introduction and General Terms
CIWA is committed to safeguarding your personal information. Whenever you provide such information, we are legally obliged to use your information in line with all applicable laws concerning the protection of personal information, including the General Data Protection Regulation.
The CIWA website contains hyperlinks to websites owned and operated by third parties. These third-party websites have their own privacy policies and we urge you to review them. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third-party websites and your use of such websites is at your own risk.
Our online services
The IP address of visitors, user ID of logged in users, and the username of login attempts are conditionally logged to check for malicious activity and to protect the site from specific kinds of attacks. Examples of data collected include login attempts, log out requests, requests for suspicious URLs, changes to site content, and password updates.
We also collect standard internet log information to track the behaviour of visitors to the CIWA website. We do this to receive information on activity such as the number of visitors to our site. This information is collected in a way which does not identify individuals. We make no attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website and we do not associate any data gathered from the site with any personally identifying information from any source.
We collect this standard information by using ‘cookies’.
What are cookies?
Types of cookies used
The CIWA website uses three Google Analytics analytical/performance cookies:
- _gat cookie is used to limit the collection of analytics data on sites with a high volume of traffic; it expires after ten minutes
- _ga cookie is used to monitor and identify areas of the website that can be improved, and to distinguish users by generating two random 32-bit numbers for them; it expires after two years
- _gid cookie is used to distinguish users on a website to generate statistical information about their use of our website; it expires after one day.
The CIWA website uses three AddThis social sharing cookies:
- _atuvc and _atuvs cookies are persistent cookies that are created and read by the AddThis social sharing site in order to make sure you see the updated count if you share a page and return to it before our share count cache is updated; they expire after 2 years (_atuvc) and 30 minutes (_atuvs)
- loc cookie is a geo-location cookie, this lets us know approximately where people sharing information are located; it expires after 90 days
- uvc cookie detects how often the social sharing service, AddThis, encounters the same user; this expires after 13 months.
The CIWA website uses a single language cookie:
- trp_language cookie is used to remember your choice of language; it expires after 30 days.
For more information, please visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners
If you wish to disable Google Analytics on your browser please visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout